Stress: it seems to sneak up on us until one day we realise we’re in a constant state of stress. Worrying about it seems to make the stress worse. How can you reverse stress without taking medication or seeking professional help? These are some self care strategies recommended by About Health:
- Get enough sleep. If you have trouble sleeping, read these 10 sleep strategies.
- Maintain a good diet. Junk foods tend to be laden with ingredients that can increase stress. Healthy foods are nourishing and help reduce stress levels.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise helps alleviate stress and can also help you get into healthier sleeping patterns.
- Have a healthy support network. Good friends can go a long way towards relieving stress and anxiety. And don’t forget to be there for your friends when they need you, too.
- Enjoy a hobby. Hobbies take your mind off daily stresses and are creatively stimulating.
- Pamper yourself occasionally.
- Keep your mind sharp and active. Look at stress-inducing problems as challenges rather than threats to your well being.
- Cultivate an optimistic attitude.
- Find ways to process your emotions rather than keeping them bottled up. Keeping a journal or diary is one way to do this.
- Studies have shown that people who have a spiritual practice experience less stress than others.
Stress Relief Leichhardt Psychologists
At Petrozzi Wellness Centre in Leichhardt, we have stress relief psychologists available who can help you back on the road to self management of stress and other psychological problems.
Also to find out more about the Empowered Women program and retreats run by Suzi Petrozzi go to www.suzipetrozzi.com